Strategic Asset Planning
A short course over three days designed to assist
the participants to effectively contribute to managing an organisationís
asset and facilities portfolios.
Government agencies and private sector organisations
that have responsibility for or involvement in the management of
asset portfolios, need to develop an effective approach to asset
planning. Clarity is needed to link the procurement, maintenance,
refurbishment and disposal of assets to the actual delivery of service.
Strategic asset management models have been
developed which assist in approaching the task in a systematic way.
Generic management models are presented which can be adapted to
suit the particular requirements of an organisation. These models
can be implemented in a manner which is consistent with the overall
business plan and requires the application of selected tools and
the involvement of key stakeholder input in a timely manner.
Short Course Objective
To provide participants with greater appreciation
and knowledge in strategic asset planning, available tools and in
the implementation of strategic asset plans to enable them to make
cost-effective advice on the use of physical assets in the support
of service delivery.
Short Course Content
The course will cover:
- the role of strategic thinking and strategic
- models and processes for asset strategic
planning and strategic facility planning;
- overview on how to prepare capital investment,
maintenance, property disposal strategies, facility management,
plans and budgets;
- introductions to essential analytical and
decision tools such as economic appraisal, financial appraisal,
value management, risk management, life costing;
- outlines of best practice in issues such
as information systems, valuations, heritage property management
- how to implement strategic plans.
Who will benefit from attending?
All staff who have responsibilities related
to the procurement, operation, maintenance, or disposal of assets.
- Facility &/or Asset Managers
- Executive &/or Project Managers
- Planning Managers
- Administrative &/or Property Officers
- Policy Officers and Advisors
The course is an intensive,
hands-on program conducted over three days which is designed to
assist participants implement their learning. It includes:
- workshop format with relevant case studies
and many examples of real situations;
- participants from a range of organisations
who bring a range of perspectives and experiences to the learning
- course presenters who are leading practitioners
in their field;
- Jeff Powys, Jeff Powys & Associates;
Need More Information?
Registration & Payment Details
Please complete a Course Registration
form and return it to ACVM to secure your place in this course.
ACVM will then invoice you for the course fee.