One Day Familiarisation
What is the purpose of the workshop?
To explain and introduce the process, its
success factors and the beneficial outcomes it brings to organisations.
Why should you attend?
You will have knowledge of and access to a
creative tool that can improve performance and business outcomes.
It will also enable you to set policy for its application within
Your organisationís service delivery, financial
performance, organisational focus and direction and team performance
depends on the effective use of a range of support processes and
Value Management provides you with a flexible
and dynamic team based creative approach to address your organisationís
needs, building on the organisationís internal strengths and external
- Provide a basic introduction to Value Management
- its principles, process and applications;
- Explain why Value Management Studies are
being undertaken in the:
- Corporate Direction & Investment Strategies;
- Strategic Planning & Management;
- Customer Focus & Client Involvement;
- Options Development & Evaluation;
- Government Policy;
- Agency Responsibility;
- Benefits to Projects & Services;
- Improved Resources Effectiveness;
- Outline the steps and procedures when arranging
a Value Management study;
- Demonstrate Value Management techniques
highlighted by examples and group exercises.
At the end of the workshop you will:
- Have acquired an understanding of the Value
Management process, its principles and techniques;
- Be able to recognise how Value Management
can be applied to benefit your organisation;
- Be able to develop organisational policy
for the use of Value Management;
- Have developed an understanding of the roles
and responsibilities of various Value Management Study participants;
- Be able to participate and more positively
contribute to a Value Management Study.
Method of Delivery:
The workshop will involve a mixture of:
- Brief presentations on the Value Management
process, principles and facilitation techniques;
- Overview of case studies of actual Value
Management studies highlighting particular examples of principles;
- A variety of Group exercises where participants
will apply skills to a relevant real-world scenario to explore
and demonstrate the capabilities of the process.