A course of study at the graduate level, designed
to provide the participants with the skills and knowledge of facilitation
to conduct effective, multi-stakeholder, objective focussed Value
Government agencies and private sector organisations
that have a desire to lead and vision the future, require professional
facilitation of the multi-stakeholder groups to achieve innovative
Seeking solutions for the future will require
more than management skills – the development of a special interpersonal,
problem-solving and advanced communications skills will be the armoury
of the facilitator.
Facilitation models have been developed which
assist in approaching the task in a systematic way. Specific skills
are utilized to suit the requirements of a particular facilitation
challenge and concentrate on application of Value Management methodologies.
Effective teamwork and creative solutions are
a priority for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
The course provides participants with new and additional competencies
which are specific to the role of the skilled facilitator. With
regular practice a motivated participant will prove to be an invaluable
asset to their company and a source of innovation and focus for
all their colleagues.
Many organisations lack staff with the requisite
skills, knowledge and experience to professionally and effectively
facilitate solution oriented group sessions. This course in Advanced
Facilitation has been specifically designed to provide staff with
prior learning in Value Management methodologies the necessary competencies
to enable them to develop a facilitation strategy, adapt it to suit
a particular context and to implement it.
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge
of facilitation to enable them to plan and conduct Value Management
and general workshop sessions requiring input from a wide range
of disciplines dealing with issues and divergent views and seeking
The course will cover:
- models and processes for outcomes-focussed
and creative problem solving workshops;
- the theory of groups;
- advanced communication skills;
- motivate of participants;
- effective questioning and probing ;
- analytical skills and decision making;
- presentation skills;
- systems thinking perspectives.
Distinguishing Features of the Course
The course is a hands-on program designed to
assist the participant to implement their learning. It includes:
- workshop format with relevant case studies
and many examples of real situations;
- analytical feedback for each participant;
- a preparatory phase involving pre-reading
- an application phase incorporating guided
implementation of effective facilitation within the workplace;
- participants from different organisations
who bring a range of perspectives and experiences to the learning
- course presenters who are acknowledged by
their peers as leading practitioners;
of Value Management Australia accreditation.
Participants have reported:
- immediate value to their organisations;
- enhanced perception of self-worth;
- new opportunities within their organisations
across a wider range of areas and business sectors;
- long term change in their approach to problem-solving
and strategic issues;
- self actualisation and improved self confidence;
- new personal horizons.
- Professor Roy Barton, ACVM, University of
- Ross Prestipino, ACVM.
Need More Information?
For further information contact